People always think that boating is expensive. Well, yes, maybe or no. Yes, because if you buy a yacht, save it and let it devalue. No, because companies like Marine Bookings can always manage it effectively, and can even make your “trophy” profitable. Maybe if you’re in the middle.
Yes, A yacht can pay!
If someone tells you, you can do everything in the first year when you buy a new yacht. Do not go … run! However, it is possible to buy everything- thanks to good management skills and a lot of work in the purchase of a used second hand yacht. We know that everyone wants to earn money, but who wants to work hard? All you have to do is find a company like Marine Bookings to help you succeed. The company has also helped many owners achieve this goal. You can always seek for evidence, testimonials and advice.
5 things to keep in mind when buying a yacht
- Decide what type of yacht you want: there are several types of yachts, each with its own qualities. For example, a sailboat will have a more natural feel in the water and can compete competitively; while a motor yacht offers much more space and is often faster. You must investigate and think about what you want to do with your yacht before making important decisions.
- Know your needs: Part of determining the type of yacht you must buy is to assess your needs. For example, how many passengers are you expecting on board? Are you and your passengers sleeping there? Do you plan to use the boat to travel? These are all things that should be considered. Also, if you plan to have a team, think about the number of people you think belong to your team.
- Buy new or used: Another thing to consider when buying any type of boat is whether you want to buy it new or used. Due to the size of the construction of a new yacht it may take several years; new yachts have fewer problems when you get them, but they are significantly more expensive than used. On the other hand, although used boats are much cheaper than new boats, it can be difficult to know exactly what you are buying when you buy because the boat may have problems, difficult to detect.
- Get a broker: a yacht broker is very similar to a real estate broker; they can show you different options. Finding a yacht broker is especially useful if you are in the market for a boat at its peak. Yachts brokers can find more offers online and send brochures from the manufacturer for review. They will also guide you to the shipyards if you are considering a completely customized or semi-custom design.
- Expect to spend more: if you are in the market of a yacht, you should expect to spend a little more. Production yachts built in a factory can start at $ 100,000 and reach more than $5 million. Semi-personalized yachts are usually in the range of $25 million; fully customized yachts can cost more than $100 million. Whatever your way to own a yacht, it’s a great investment, so be prepared to spend a lot of money on the boat of your dreams.